Plasma Processing Technician
Company: CSL Plasma
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description SummaryResponsible for the
accurate and timely sampling, testing, shipping and storage of
plasma collected from donors.Job Description
- In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
responsible for collecting plasma samples and moving plasma units
to freezer to ensure product quality.
- Ensures plasma units are properly stored according to SOPs,
which could include unsuitable plasma units and samples.
- Ensures accuracy of unit labeling by verifying the pre-printed
label matches the dynamic label.
- Utilizes sterile technique to draw samples and uses heat sealer
to assure the sterility and quality of plasma unit samples per
- May ensure samples and units are packed and shipped in
accordance with SOPs and center procedures. Prepares shipping and
unit disposal documentation.
- Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately
informs appropriate personnel if equipment is not functioning
properly. Records variances.
- Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to SOPs.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.Education
- High school diploma or equivalent requiredExperience
- Minimum of three (3) months experience in laboratory or
warehouse environment preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculationsWorking
Conditions(physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needsAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.About UsOur BenefitsWe
encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important
and so are you. Learn more about at CSL.About CSL PlasmaCSL Plasma
is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work
helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able
to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because
lives depend on us. Learn more about .We want CSL to reflect the
world around usAs a global organisation with employees in 35+
countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more
about at CSL.Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Palm Bay , Plasma Processing Technician, Professions , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!