Engineering Technician C - Photonics
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: June 4, 2019
Job Title: Engineering Technician - Photonics Job Code:
SIS20193005-31498 Job Location: Palm Bay, FL Job Description:
- Responsible for supporting engineering with the setup and
execution of optical and electro-optic system assembly and testing
in a clean room environment, following test procedures to perform
optical test while QC monitoring is performed.
- Perform electro-optical component test and measure parameters
such as diffraction efficiency, crosstalk, temperature, power and
other standard measurements.
- Install and configure electrical and optical subsystem hardware
into final configurations.
- Develop tooling and fixtures needed to configure optical
systems in various test modes.
- Operate optical equipment to capture optical measurements in
various test configurations at multiple wavelengths to quantify
- Ability to read, create and modify assembly and test procedure
documents for optical systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain soldering, fiber splicing and
any applicable laser/eye safety certifications or skills to perform
optical assembly and test work.
- Responsible for training lower level technicians on established
processes and best practices.
- This position may require occasional weekend, off-shift, and
overtime work. Qualifications:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8
years of prior relevant experience or 2 years
post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior
- Minimum 4+ years performing hands on mechanical assembly and
test. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance is strongly preferred.
- Experience using optical test equipment such as spectrum
analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, lasers, and optical
- Ability to breadboard and create tooling and fixtures needed to
support optical testing primarily in a clean room environment,
including splicing of fibers and assembly and testing of fiber
optic cables to complete optical assemblies.
- Experience with inspecting, trouble shooting and soldering of
electronics down to the circuit card and component level.
- Experience with wire bonding interconnects utilizing multiple
materials and techniques.
- Able to work independently and adhere to a philosophy of
- Professional attitude and excellent verbal/written
communication skills with recent Microsoft Office/Word experience
for developing test documentation.
- Strong attention to detail. Security Clearance: Please be aware
that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the
ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to
U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional
offer of employment may be subject to government security
investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access
to classified information. By submitting your resume for this
position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may
share your resume, as well as any other related personal
information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and
affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other
available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by
federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment,
Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying
with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving
for continual EHS improvement.
Keywords: Harris, Palm Bay , Engineering Technician C - Photonics, Professions , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!