Member Services Representative
Company: Launch Credit Union
Location: Palm Bay
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Member Services Representative
The Member Services Representative (MSR) provides support and
service to the members of the credit union by meeting their
financial needs. The incumbent delivers high-quality member
service, listens to members' requests, and offers appropriate
solutions. The MSR interacts with members face-to-face in a
fast-paced environment. The incumbent processes various member
requests such as opening and closing accounts, updating existing
account information, taking consumer and real estate loan
applications, and problem solving.
Identifies member needs and recommends appropriate products and
services to members using credit reports and member information.
Offers debt protection products (e.g., GAP Insurance, Credit Life
and Disability, etc.) to members. Meets production
- Conducts consumer loan interviews and sends application to loan
underwriting for review and approval. Follows-up to determine the
status of the loan. Disburses loan proceeds to the member.
- Ensures member meets credit union membership eligibility
- Assists members with various services, to include opening and
closings accounts (personal and business), updates to existing
accounts, safe deposit boxes, plastic cards, disputes/fraud, stop
payment orders, wire transfers, etc. Places outbound calls to
members for the purpose of relationship deepening.
- Assists members with credit union Digital Services products and
services including troubleshooting issues.
- Ensures documents are completed accurately and saved to the
credit union's optical system.
- Resolves member issues promptly and professionally.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all
- Monitors the member-tracking system and assists members in
- Follows and ensures compliance with all operational procedures
that are required to maintain accuracy, manage risk, prevent fraud,
and protect members.
- Maintains a professional and courteous attitude with all
people, including fellow employees, members, management staff,
board members and vendors.
- Develops, maintains, and demonstrates a working knowledge of
credit union loan and member service standards, policies,
procedures, and applicable state and federal regulations.
- May notarize documents for members.
- May assist with branch audits.
- Participates in community and marketing events.
- Refers members to Investment Services partner as
- Follows and complies with all Launch policies and
- Completes compliance training assignments in a timely
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
Note: Internal applicants must have demonstrated equivalent
experience; as such, any internal Teller selected will be subject
to a transitionary period as a Hybrid to ensure they are able to
successfully meet expectations of the role. Provided that the
employee demonstrates acceptable performance as a Hybrid, at the
completion of the 6-months they will assume the role of the MSR for
which they applied to.
- Minimum of three years of customer service experience
supporting customers in an organization that provides sophisticated
or technical products and services, preferably in a credit union or
- Minimum of one year experience in identifying customer needs
and offering technical and sophisticated products/services to meet
those needs. Experience must include working in a production driven
environment subject to individual performance/production
- A high school education or GED.
- Ability to obtain a NMLS (Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System
& Registry) license is required.
- Displays courtesy, tact, and diplomacy during personal contact
with others inside and/or outside of the organization for purposes
of giving or obtaining information. Strong written and
- Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to build
rapport and establish trust and confidence with members.
- Detail oriented, organized, accurate, able to work under
pressure, ability to adapt to change, and problem-solving skills.
Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Must be knowledgeable or ability to quickly learn credit union
products, services, policies, and procedures, including the various
types of loan products and electronic services. Ability to learn
and understand the documentation that is required for each loan and
how to read a credit report.
- Must be knowledgeable or ability to quickly learn the
applicable regulations (i.e., Reg B, D, Z, CC, BSA, TISA,
- Must be proficient with the use of computers. Ability to
quickly learn software applications, multiple programs, and
Keywords: Launch Credit Union, Palm Bay , Member Services Representative, Sales , Palm Bay, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...